I wanted to crosspost this here, since you guys were so helpful in shaping the map from a bunch of orange textures into something actually fun to play. I had a great time, and I can't thank J2 enough.
WARFORTS is a player-versus-player (PvP) map in which two megacorporations (the Yellow and Blue teams) send agents to capture each other's flags while defending their own bases. The first team to reach 5 captures is victorious.
Players may choose from seven distinct classes, each with unique active or passive abilities.
I know it took me a while longer than I first estimated, but I've updated the map to address some of the great feedback I've received since the release. This is a ripent update - that means that only the server hosts need to update their files to make it work. Players who already have the map will not need anything additional to enjoy the update (but are encouraged to grab the new version at some point).
- Mortar fire rate decreased. This should alleviate any concern about getting too much spam right out of respawn, and remove undue gameplay emphasis on controlling the mortar.
- Marine RPG red-dot has been disabled. This lets the Marine do his job of dealing high damage, while giving more opportunities for skillful players to avoid being hit.
- Automatic same-class respawn. You no longer need to manually choose a class each respawn; instead, you will automatically get back into the game as your last played class. Players may change classes at any time by holding the USE key as they respawn.
- Various minor fixes.
- Team-based competitive play
- 7 player classes with unique abilities
- Automatic team balance
- Automatic skip option if only one player is on the server
In addition to the enemy flag, players can attack a number of secondary targets during play.
Each base includes four destroyable structures, which will take damage only from explosives:
- Left & right shield generators, which power the lasers that prevent enemies from scaling the side walls
- A signal jammer, which will cause the enemy to spawn rocket & HW grunts if lost
- A door control unit which, if destroyed, will leave the front gate open & vulnerable
Seven classes are available on WARFORTS:
Firearms mod & PVK mod teams
Testing & Moral Support:
JPolito, Aurora, Trempler, Keen, A Ninja, Chaos Wake, prolix, Strave, x3ro, the Sven Co-op & joe.to communities
Being a tripmining bastard: